There is no limit to the number of components that can be installed in any one area providing the installation of the components does not create a trip or slip hazard if they are installed too close together. However, five metres is the maximum amount of distance recommended between each component in order to maintain the system’s effectiveness at night and in low-light conditions.
A good example of spacing on a pathway would be a component every two metres on each side of the path.
How to Install
- Place the Lumo Solutions components temporarily on the area to be highlighted (Boardwalk, Deck, Driveway, Entry or Exit points, Stairs etc). It is recommended that this is done prior to darkness to determine the final layout before permanent fixing. This will contribute to determining the best visual effect and help to identify any unwanted hazards.
- Drill any holes that will be required.
- Prime the base (white) surface of the component with a PVC pipe primer. It is recommended to use the clear version of this product as to eliminate stains.
- Apply the appropriate adhesive to the back of the component.
- Place the component.
- Permanently fix the component using the recommended tamper proof screws or industrial fasteners.
Lumo Solutions 190 Trackntrim – 12g screw or fastener
Lumo Solutions 2390 Trackntrim – 8g screw or fastener
Lumo Solutions Safety Button – 12g screw or fastener
Lumo Solutions Safety Tag – Cable tie or screw and washer (depending on application)
Lumo honey – 250 ml bottle
Lumo bond – 310 ml cartridge
Lumo Solutions safety guidance components are designed so that leaves, grass, dirt or debris will blow off with wind or wash off with rain or hosing.
Should marks appear or if dirt is difficult to remove, wipe the component with a damp cloth using a mild detergent cleaner.
Should the component be covered with an obstruction it will not recharge until the obstruction is removed and the component is again exposed to a source of light.
It is advisable not to place the components in areas where they will be easily covered or obstructed.